Focusing on the theme “Together in Hope and Witness” inspired by the biblical premise “You shall be my witnesses” (Acts 1:8)– CEC Governing Board finalised the strategic priorities for CEC’s work for the next four years, during a meeting from 15 to 18 May 2019 in Strasbourg, France.
The important areas that surface in CEC’s strategic work plan for 2019-2023 include:
- Promoting peace, justice and reconciliation in Europe
- Strengthening ecumenical fellowship and promoting the mission of the Church
- Raising churches’ voice in Europe and the European Institutions.
Particular attention is paid to the involvement of young people in the development of CEC’s strategic plan. Ecumenical youth representatives were invited to the Governing Board meeting in Strasbourg, where they actively contributed to CEC’s future work.
In order to implement CEC’s strategic priorities, the Governing Board has created working groups to cover the following thematic areas:
- Ecclesiology and mission
- Diversity, pluralism and education for democracy
- Economic and ecological justice and a sustainable future
- Science, bioethics and technology
- Human rights, education and advocacy
- Social justice
For a complete list of Governing Board members, please click here.