The CEC Peace Conference will take place from 10 to 12 September 2019.
The event will be held at the Institut Protestant de Théologie, Paris, France.
The conference will take place as part of the CEC 60th Anniversary this year. It will focus on the 1919 Paris Peace Conference, identifying and reflecting on its legacies and hard lessons learnt from the European and global past. The participants will search new and creative ways of peace building in the 21st Century.
This conference will initiate dialogue on the current threats to peace in Europe and will articulate the challenges presented by the global experiences of the 21st Century. In doing so, it will draw inspiration from the role and work of the Conference of European Churches as an ecumenical organisation engaged with peacebuilding, reconciliation and the healing of memories.
The 2019 Peace Conference aims to reflect on the contemporary world and identifying a theological way of living and acting that can enable CEC and its Member Churches to engage faithfully and practically in transformation, healing and reconciliation.
Following themes will be addressed:
- Paris 1919: Recreating The International Order?
- West’s Legacy in the Middle East
- Populism, Sustainability and Economics
- The Abrahamic Religions and the Dialogue of Peace
- Europe’s Peace Vocation and the Role of Security and Peace
- The Public Role of European Churches in Peacebuilding and International Affairs
- Creating a CEC 2019 Paris Peace Treaty
For more information please contact Ms Charlie Belot