CEC-CCEE Ecumenical Service: 20th Anniversary of Charta ŒcumenicaJanuary 1, 1970 19:00 April 22, 2021 20:30 From 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
To mark the 20th Anniversary of Charta Œcumenica – Guidelines for the Growing Cooperation among Churches in Europe, the Conference of European Churches (CEC) together with the Council of European Bishops’ Conferences (CCEE) will hold an online ecumenical service on 22 April 2021 from 19:00 – 20:30 (CET). The service will be held under the theme “Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer” inspired by the biblical premise of Romans 12:12.
CEC and CCEE invite all churches and ecumenical partners to join the celebration
In order to participate in the ecumenical service, please click here to register.
A video recording of the ecumenical service will be featured on CEC and CCEE channels.
The Charta Œcumenica is a CEC-CCEE landmark document, signed by the presidents of the two organisations in 2001, seeking to preserve and develop fellowship among European churches. The document serves as foundation for CEC’s theological work.
Among the participants will be:
- Rt. Rev. Dr Guli Francis-Dehqani, Bishop of Chelmsford, Church of England, CEC Vice-President
- H.Em. Cardinal Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster, Great Britain, CCEE Vice-President
- H.E. Mgr Thomas Löhr, Auxiliary Bishop of Limburg, Germany
- Rev. Anne Burghardt, Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church, CEC Governing Board Member
- Dr Jørgen Skov Sørensen, CEC General Secretary
- H.Em. Cardinal Angelo Bangasco, Archbishop Emeritus of Genoa, CCEE President
- Dr Valérie Duval-Poujol, Federation of Evangelical Baptist Churches of France, CEC Governing Board Member
- Rev. Martin Michalíček, CCEE General Secretary
- H.E. Metropolitan Cleopas of Sweden and All Scandinavia, Ecumenical Patriarchate, CEC Vice-President
- Rev. Manuel Barrios Prieto, COMECE General Secretary & Spokesperson
- Rev. Frank Kopania, Evangelical Church in Germany, CEC Governing Board member
- H.E. Mgr Youssef Soueif, Archbishop of the Maronite Archeparchy of Tripoli in Lebanon
- Rev. Christian Krieger, Union of Protestant Churches in Alsace & Lorraine, CEC President
As part of the Charta celebrations, CEC and CCEE will publish a resource booklet in mid-April, featuring the order of the service, as well as ecumenical reflections on the guidelines. The booklet is meant for the churches to use throughout the year. The booklet will be available for free download on CEC and CCEE websites in English, French, German and Italian.