Human Rights are a significant focus for international organisations such as the European Union, Council of Europe, Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and United Nations.
CEC Member Churches advocate for the promotion and protection of human rights at the highest standards inside Europe and beyond its borders.
We monitor and advocate for the implementation of civil and political rights, as well as social, economic and cultural rights vis-à-vis International Organisations and European Institutions. We devote attention to a number of specific issues including freedom of religion or belief, anti-discrimination legislation, and developing resources for training and human rights education.Recent consultations on freedom of religion or belief and religious minorities in culturally diverse societies have produced statements on these topics.
- Communique: Have hope not fear! Responses to populism from a religious and human rights perspective 
- Conclusions from Academic Conference on “Freedom of Religion or Belief in Montenegro, Podgorica, May 2019 
- Communique from conference on “Towards Peaceful co-existence in the Middle East: challenges and opportunities”, 2018 
- Communiqué on the legal status und protection of ‘places of worship’ and ‘holy sites’ 2017 
- Endorsement of the CEC Governing Board of the Final 
- Communique of the consultation on Religious Minorities as Part of Culturally Diverse Societies, Zagreb, 21 and 22 October 2016 
- Statement of the consultation on Advancing Freedom of Religion or Belief for All, Halki Theological School, 7 to 9 September, 2015 
Following are speeches from 2018 CEC debate on 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights & European Parliament seminar in the framework of Article 17
- Metropolitan Porfirije of Zagreb and Ljubljana of the Serbian Orthodox Church 
- Bishop Porfyrios of Neapolis of the Church of Cyprus 
- Rev. Dr Daniel Topalski of the United Methodist Church in Bulgaria and Romania 
Let us work together for creation of a human rights culture!
For more information on these issues please contact Dr Elizabeta Kitanovic .