The Conference of European Churches is a fellowship of churches in Europe. In its commitment to Europe as a whole the Conference seeks to help the European churches to renew their spiritual life, to strengthen their common witness and service and to promote the unity of the Church and peace in the world.
We carry out this work with the support of our Member Churches and many others. Individuals, local communities, foundations, and others generously give time, resources, facilities, and prayers that are necessary to bring our work to life.
There are many ways to support the Conference of European Churches:
- Prayer. Please include the Conference of European Churches in your prayers and in the intercessions of your community.
- Donations. Gifts of money can be made through a bank transfer. Please click here for instructions.
- Internships. We are currently developing a CEC internship programme. This will provide opportunity for sharing of experiences between CEC, interns, and their home contexts.
- Seconded staff. Our work in Brussels and Strasbourg is amplified through the addition of seconded staff. Temporary or longer-term agreements enable CEC to successfully carry out major initiatives, including preparations for the 2018 Assembly.
- Stewards. Young people from the CEC constituency support governing and other major meetings. This provides them with an opportunity to learn more about ecumenism in Europe, and develop skills useful for work in their home churches.
- Gifts in kind. CEC benefits greatly from in-kind contributions. This includes providing facilities for meetings and conferences, translation services, communications support including graphic design and videography, and more.
- Collections. We are grateful for special collections taken up in parishes, congregations, and Member Churches to support the work of CEC.
To learn more about contributing to the mission and work of the Conference of European Churches, please contact CEC General Secretary Fr Heikki Huttunen.