Strategic priorities for the Conference of European Churches are set in the theme “Together in Hope and Witness” inspired by the biblical premise “You shall be my witnesses” (Acts 1:8).
CEC is focusing on following topics, as being finalised in the CEC Strategic Work Plan for 2019-2023. 
- Promoting peace, justice and reconciliation in Europe
- Strengthening ecumenical fellowship and promoting the mission of the Church
- Raising churches’ voice in Europe and the European Institutions.
Particular attention is paid to the involvement of young people  in the development of CEC’s strategic plan. Ecumenical youth representatives participated in the Governing Board meeting in Strasbourg in 2019, where they actively contributed to the planning of CEC’s future work.
In order to implement CEC’s strategic priorities, the Governing Board has created working groups to cover the following thematic areas:
- Ecclesiology and mission
- Education, democracy and diversity
- Economic and ecological justice and a sustainable future
- Science, new technologies and Christian ethics
- Human rights education and advocacy
- Social justice
For a complete list of Governing Board members, please click here.