Church response to Ukraine
CEC Member Churches have been greatly shaken by the impact of the Russian aggression on Ukraine. Ecumenical solidarity has emerged in force among European churches, with our members and ecumenical partners responding with an outpouring of prayers for peace. A flood of appeals and statements are urging for a diplomatic solution through dialogue, strongly advocating for reconciliation, and encouraging political decision-makers and church leaders to play their crucial roles. European churches have also supported and continue to implement humanitarian projects, offering aid and an open door to those fleeing the conflict.
Response from CEC
- CEC offers prayers for peace in Ukraine
- Ukraine: CEC together with global Christian organisations condemns assault, calls for peace, invites to prayer
- CEC president calls for peace in Ukraine at the European Regional Pre-Assembly
- European churches focus on reconciliation and unity ahead of WCC Assembly
- CEC president urges Patriarch Kirill to raise his voice against Ukraine war
- A pall of ashes covers Ukraine: Christians join prayer for peace
- CEC president regrets Ukraine war, highlights Christian gospel for peace
- CEC–CCEE Joint Committee appeals for an end to war in Ukraine
- Update from CEC General Secretary | Prayers for peace in Ukraine
- CEC and COMECE presidents at the Polish-Ukrainian border call for peace and reconciliation
- European church leaders send letter to Putin and Zelenskyy calling for an Easter ceasefire in Ukraine
- CEC President: “Pray and work for justice and truth, and keep the horizon of reconciliation and peace”
- CEC Governing Board endorses call for peace with justice in Ukraine
- CEC seminar on Ukraine (video presentations)
- CEC to French EU Presidency: Engage churches to bring peace in Ukraine
- CEC participates in high-level Ukrainian interreligious delegation meeting
- CEC seminar highlights the role of religion in Ukraine conflict
- Churches highlight their humanitarian response to Ukraine at European Parliament
- Churches stress the need for reconciliation, unity and peacebuilding in Ukraine
- Orthodox Church of Ukraine applies for membership in CEC
Response from CEC member churches and partners
- Find an extensive compilation of responses from Member Churches and Partners here.
- Visit the websites of our Member Churches, the National Councils of Churches, and our Organisations in Partnership to learn more about their ongoing work to bring peace to Ukraine.
- Read our Weekly Update for current news from CEC, our members, and our partners.
For more information or to coordinate an interview, please email email@example.com.
Print This Page