The highest governing body of CEC is the Assembly, held every 5 years and composed of delegates appointed by Member Churches as well as representatives of associated organisations and Organisations in Partnership.
A 20 member Governing Board meets twice annually to oversee the implementation of the decisions of the Assembly.
The next Assembly is due for 2018.
Past CEC Assemblies (Click for PDF version of final reports where available)
- 1959 Nyborg, Denmark: “European Christianity in Todays Secularized World”
- 1960 Nyborg, Denmark: “The Service of the Church in a Changing World”
- 1962 Nyborg, Denmark: “The Church in Europe and the Crisis of Modern Man”
- 1964 m.v. Bornholm (at sea): “Living Together as Continents and Generations”
- 1967 Pörtschach, Austria: “To Serve and Reconcile: the Task of the European Churches Today”
- 1971 Nyborg, Denmark: “Servants of God, Servants of Men”
- 1974 Engelberg, Switzerland: “Act on the Message – Unity in Christ and Peace in the World”
- 1979 Chania, Crete: “Alive to the World in the Power of the Holy Spirit”
- 1986 Stirling, Scotland: “Glory to God and Peace on Earth”
- 1992 Prague, former CSFR: “God Unites – in Christ a New Creation”
- 1997 Graz, Austria: “Reconciliation, Gift of God and Source of New Life”
- 2003 Trondheim, Norway: “Jesus Christ Heals and Reconciles: Our Witness in Europe”
- 2009 Lyon, France: “Called to One Hope in Christ”
- 2013 Budapest, Hungary: “And now what are you waiting for?: CEC and its Mission in a changing Europe”